Documentation Portals vs. KBs

Two "big" words in today's documentation are Documentation Portals and Knowledge Bases. For the first time in decades, it really does seem that we are seeing the end of PDF as a viable alternative for online applications (or any documentation that doesn't involve some element of hardware). With all these tools and formats, how do we decide what goes where? The simplistic answer is that we have to go, as always, according to the needs of our users.…

Comments Off on Documentation Portals vs. KBs

MEGAComm Analytics

Well, MEGAComm 2022 is behind us. It was, in numbers, simply glorious. One of the really fun things about the amazing Accelevents platform is that it provides the organizers with a whole Analytics dashboard to entertain us and hopefully you as well. With just under 300 participants, here are a few statistics you might find amazing (we do!): 98% of all attendees signed in (yeah, we're still trying to figure out what happened to the other 2%) There…

Comments Off on MEGAComm Analytics

And now ClickHelp…

Here we go again. Now it's ClickHelp! I don't think I've ever learned so many new tools in such a short period of time. First, it was readme.io. Then, it was Gitbook. For several months, I worked with Paligo. And now it's on to ClickHelp. Once again, a small company came to WritePoint with a request that we begin maintaining their documentation. As with many of our other clients, this is a relatively small company looking to double…

Comments Off on And now ClickHelp…

Moscow and Documentation

While researching for a presentation, the concept of "Moscow" was discovered. Its brilliance and its relevancy is as relevant today as it was when created in 1994 by Dai Clegg, of Oracle. Moscow represents a means of defining features for a product, or in our case,  documentation priorities.  Those who are familiar with JIRA will be familiar with the High, Medium, and Low ratings. There are others as well. But somehow, once you learn about MoSCoW, it's easy…

Comments Off on Moscow and Documentation