Blogging has revolutionized the way in which we interact with our customers and users. In many ways, professional blogging breaks down longstanding walls. Where once information was pushed to users, via corporate blogging, the communication now is more informal and bi-directional.
What belongs in a Professional Blog
Professional blogs typically contain content that covers industry updates, and tips and advice. Too many companies focus exclusively on their own updates and features and therefore gain little interest from others. The obvious answer to what belongs in a professional blog would be “valuable content.” The problem, of course, is deciding what our customers believe to be valuable. When writing for a professional blog, it is important to track the blog’s analytics. These numbers can be used to determine if you are indeed gaining viewers, building your brand, and ultimately turning clicks into sales.
Early on, you will want to define your social media strategy and your blog can be considered a vital part of that strategy. Your goal is to get viewers, encourage commenting and sharing. Sometimes, you might include a CTA (call-to-action). This might be to encourage your readers to click a link, complete a form, sign up for a webinar, etc.
How do you get started
- Begin by defining your strategy, your uniqueness: define what you want to accomplish and how you will measure success.
- Decide on what platform you plan to use: WordPress, WIX, or something else.
- Plan a roadmap of your message: what types of information do you want to include? For example, no matter what your business, you’ll want to include major milestones such as opening a new office, hiring new C-level members, releasing a new software version, a new hardware product, etc. But what else? What industry-relevant topics will you cover?
- Build a team: Posting regularly is hard. Many blogs fail because they lack regularity. Creating a team and a schedule is a great way to ensure this doesn’t happen to your blog.
- Build a social media network and use it to promote/distribute the posts.
What Can WritePoint Do For Your Corporate Blog
The simple answer is “all of the above.” WritePoint can sit with you to define your strategy, your methodology, and your goals. WritePoint can help you decide what platform fits your needs and create the roadmap. We can train your team to be bloggers, take your current content and transform them into as many posts as possible. Finally, we can build and manage your social media presence on the web. Contact us to find out more.