Unleashing the Power of Word – A Course for Writers
Monday, June 4 and June 18, 2012 9:30-12:30 [NEW DATES]
Did you know you could automatically generate a table of contents? Quickly and easily create and update an index? Did you know you can create and reuse blocks of text without having to reformat them each time?
Our Word for Writers course teaches you how to write and format your work to have a professional and consistent look – easily, quickly, and across many different books, articles, or files!
As a writer, chances are that knowing more Word features and functions will save you time and make your documents look even more polished. This course is designed for writers who already use Word to compose and edit. It will cover:
- Using Styles
- Setting up a template (how to create one, how to use one)
- Creating a table of contents automatically
- Creating cross-references
- Creating figure numbering
- How to re-use blocks of text again and again
- Working with tables and columns
- Amazing shortcuts to make you more efficient
- General tips and tricks for page layout
- And more
Instructor: Paula R. Stern is the CEO of WritePoint, one of Israel’s leading technical writing companies. She has been teaching Basic and Advanced Word courses for almost 10 years. In addition to being a senior technical writer, she is the author of hundreds of articles, several blogs, and two books and has been using Word for her documents for almost 20 years.
To register or for more information, please write to email@example.com or call 02-571-6668.