Information Mapping is a research-based method used to analyze, organize, and present information based on your audience’s needs and purpose of the information. The method solves many of the typical challenges faced by writers and readers of business documents and business communication.
- The information is complex or technical
- Critical ideas are hard to find
- The information is difficult to organize
- Too much or too little detail is provided
Information Mapping provides guidelines for organizing and presenting information effectively to promote reader access and comprehension.
Information Mapping provides tools to help you with this task There are four components to the method:
- Information Types – to analyze and categorize the subject matter
- Research-Based Principles – to organize the information
- Units of Information – to create standardized information modules that contain a clear purpose
- Presentation Modes – to format the information
Information mapping is used in large transnational corporations, as well as major national organizations around the work, covering all types of industries.
WritePoint Ltd. is privileged and excited to be the agent in Israel for Information Mapping. We will be presenting webinars and courses on the method in the near future. Stay tuned to this blog for more information on these events!