The one-day WordPress Workshop presents the popular WordPress website and blog creation platform. Learn the basic elements of using WordPress to build websites and blogs, the WordPress dashboard, overview of plug-ins and more.
The workshop will cover:
- Overview of WordPress – industry, uses, evolution, competition, pros and cons
- Step-by-Step Hosting – Fantastico vs. manual installation
- Dashboard Overview
- Navigation and Creating Menus
- Pages and Posts
- Best Plugins That Every WordPress Site Must Have
- Essential WordPress Modifications
- Graphics and WordPress
- World of Themes – premium vs free
- Editing Themes
- Banner Graphics
- Social Media Plugins and RSS Feeds
- Advertising/Google Adsense
- The Power of WordPress/ Google and SEO Integration
- WordPress Forms
- Backups and Recoveries
About the Instructor: Baruch Mackler
Web designer and developer with over 15 years experience focusing on small to medium sized business and their needs. Developed extensive client relations experience over the past 10 years in freelance. Baruch has worked with clients to develop marketing and web options from the point of inception to its successful completion. Prior to building his own business, he worked and collaborated with some of the top designers in the field while at the creative department at Ogilvy in Washington DC.
Baruch works with many studios as principle designer developing web and print collateral. His specialties include: Photoshop, Flash, interactive design, web design, CD ROM development, HTML, troubleshooting, non profit work, budgeting, branding and identity and teaching.